Common Mistakes To Avoid For Bathroom Renovations In Eastern Suburbs
We all like to renovate our house at some point in time, with the bathroom being one of the most popular rooms for the purpose of renovation.
We all like to renovate our house at some point in time, with the bathroom being one of the most popular rooms for the purpose of renovation. It is quite common for homeowners to renovate one room at a time and start with the bathroom. The process of redesigning is a fairly simple one however it is prone to simple errors. In fact, it is quite common to make mistakes during the renovations process which can result in damage to property and a great deal of other issues.
It is vital to avoid making mistakes during the renovation process to prevent from devaluing the value of a property. This applies to houses all around Australia including for bathroom renovations in Eastern Suburbs.
Mistakes to Avoid During Bathroom Renovations melbourne in Eastern Suburbs
- Noisy floorboards: The process of renovation includes many factors including fixing or replacing the floor. However, simply replacing floorboards might not be a good idea; the issue with the floor might be just that they need a little puffing powdered graphite or talcum powder to be placed between the boards. The issue might be missing nails hence replacing the entire floorboard without inspection is not a good idea.
- Replacing a jammed window: Windows tend to get jammed over time, replacing it during the renovation process is not always absolutely necessary, since it might be possible to fix by spending a little effort to pry it open. At times, using some force might also do the job .
- Replace a Wooden Frame: In the case where there is a complete renovation, it is likely that door frames also need to be replaced. However, it is important to keep in mind that some of the old wooden frames that might be in place are likely to be built from very strong wood and the homeowner might be better off using an existing one. In the case where one is replacing it, it is important to check the quality of wood since it is likely to be of poor quality.
- Use of DRM: It is not always a good idea to use DRM which is quite popular in the new houses but might damage the building if used when there is old construction involved. Using DRM in the buildings with older architecture might damage it because DRM will not allow the floor to breathe.
- New Bricks: The renovations of a bathroom are not always complete renovations, at times it is also about fixing what is broken or replacing items to update them. For example, if in the case where there are only 2 to 3 bricks that have been damaged, replacing them with new bricks that are not of the same quality or cheap alternatives will not serve the purpose. In fact, it might worsen the aesthetic value of the bathroom. The best option in this type of situation is to find the same brick or very similar bricks and allow it to blend in with time.
- Building Codes: All types of construction work need to follow all building codes; this is applicable over Australia. It is easy to overlook building codes during a simple renovations process however, this would be a big mistake.
- Going Over Budget: It is common to make a budget prior to going ahead with any renovation project. This should be done with care and taking into consideration all the renovations needs and all accessories that need replacing. Getting this wrong can lead to a large number of issues.
- Contractors: Getting stuck with the wrong contractor is one of the worst issues to have to deal with. Hence it is usually good practice to do some good research, check reviews and verify the license prior to selecting a contractor since wrong one can be disastrous.