5 Common Brown Possum Removal Mistakes You Need to Know
If you have a possum living in your attic, it is important that you get the right help. They can be very destructive and are often difficult to remove on your own.
If you have a possum living in your attic, it is important that you get the right help. They can be very destructive and are often difficult to remove on your own. This post will give you some tips for how to get rid of them so they don't come back!
This blog post will cover: What kind of animal is a Brown Possum? What do they eat? Where do brown possums live? How much does it cost to remove a Brown Possum from my house or property? Where should I call if I'm having trouble with my Brown Possum problem? "How long does it take for an opossum removal service company to show up at my door?" Answers to these questions and more are available below
Brown possums are quite common in our area. They often get into homes and other buildings through the worst possible entry points like vents, roof spaces, roof overhangs, among others. These pests can cause a lot of damage to your building because they tend to feed on dryer food items; they also leave fecal matter and urine wherever they go. They bite people too – and it hurts!
The key to getting rid of them is thoroughly knowing what attracts them and how you can prevent future brown possum infestation. Here are some common Brown Possum Removal Mistakes that you need to avoid: Possum Removal Canberra
1. You clean up after their mess but not the messes made by rats or mice – It may be a minor point but it's worth mentioning since pests like rats and mice are brown possums' best friends. If you think that clean-up is not necessary, then think again. Mice or rats have the propensity to create nests which could attract brown possums or they may become food for these pests. It's advisable to deal with them as well.
2. You don't do anything about rat/mouse infestations – Some people just ignore if their home is crawling with rats and mice because Brown Possum Removal is what they're concerned with right now. However, ignoring them will only cause more problems in the long run since brown possums feed on both of these species. As mentioned above, birds also eat rodents and they are a common food source for brown possums.
3. You don't clean those roof spaces – If you have been ignoring that shingle above your doorway, then now's the time to fix it. In the event that there is an opening in your roof, brown possums can squeeze inside and bring all kinds of pests with them. Needless to say, this makes infestation worse so be sure to address this problem as soon as possible.
4. You only look at entry points but not find out where these pests come from – It's too easy to just assume that brown possums get inside through vents or any other part of your house without considering how they actually get there in first place. Make sure you check all possible entry points and seal all holes that can let these pests in.
5. You don't take precautionary measures – Cleaning up brown possum messes is not enough to remove the problem; otherwise, you will just be caught off guard the next time those pests show up. Keep their odor in mind as well – this smells like dead fish and it's a dead giveaway of an impending infestation. Getting the help of professionals would ensure your safety and get rid of Brown Possums quickly!