Tips On How To Clean A Venetian Blind
Venetian Blinds have been around for a long time and still quite popular.
Venetian Blinds have been around for a long time and still quite popular. They usually come with a cord that allows one to rotate them up to 180 degrees either upwards or downwards. Adjusting the blinds at an exact angle will provide the desired amount of light. The operation can either be manual or motorized.
The venetian blinds do tend to gather a lot of dust which largely depends on where they have been installed. For example, if placed in a moist environment they are likely to get very dirty over a period of time. In fact, they are likely to get dirtier than the other types of blinds mainly due to their design. It is not something a curtain dry cleaning service can handle.
The professional cleaner has the necessary tools and instruments to make the cleaning process a breeze. They also make use of advanced techniques to clean in a comprehensive manner to remove the grime, insect marks, oil, dust, stains, nicotine, and any smelly odors.
There are many other advantages of opting for professional venetian blind cleaner one of them being it offers peace of mind since one can be sure it is 100% clean by the professionals using environmentally safe material. However, there are several facts and clean tips one everyone should be aware of. This article goes on to provide a few important tips on how to clean venetian blinds, the benefits of using them and the special tools that can be used to clean them.
- Check the manufacturer of the blinds and if they come with a manual for special care.
- The deep cleaning method for each type of blind is likely to be different.
- Use a special cloth preferably cotton to dust the blinds first.
- The blinds can be made from either aluminum, PVC, or synthetic material of some kind. Such blinds require the use of a detergent and can be cleaned either in the bath or outdoors.
- Blinds made from real timber cannot be cleaned with water since doing so would damage them. It is best to simply wipe them carefully with a duster.
- Simply dusting the blinds will not do the job; it is also necessary to clean the head rail, tapes and cords as well.
- It is possible to make use of a vacuum cleaner to clean the delicate surface of the blinds.
- Minor cleaning on a regular basis will save time and effort during the deep cleaning process.
- It is possible to use a hairdryer to quickly dry your blinds to reduce the waiting time.
Benefits of Opting for Venetian Blinds
There are many benefits of opting for venetian blinds. These types of blinds are durable have stood the test of time and are likely to be popular in the future as well. There are many types of venetian blinds like aluminum, faux wood, wooden, etc. for applications in a different type of situations. These blinds block the glare of the sun and at the same time let the light through as well. The level of light and angle of light rays can also be adjusted as to your liking.
Tools Necessary to Clean Venetian Blinds
Unlike normal blinds, the venetian blinds tend to get quite dusty and require a set of special tools to get rid of the dirt. It is also harder to clean the venetian blinds since it is not as simple as washing it with water or using a washing marching to do it automatically. Some of the common challenges faced when cleaning these blinds include stains, spots, grime, and dust. The professionals make use of special tools like feather dusters, damp cloths, special sprays, cotton soft cloth. They may also be needed to soak in water and require deep cleaning if there are very dirty.