What To Expect From Your Myotherapy Treatment
If you are visiting a myotherapist for the first time, it can be intimidating, the experience can be overwhelming to go into your first appointment! But it is the most sensible thing to do to relieve the muscle pain and discomfort.
In Elwood, myotherapy treatment is now preferred by many to relax the muscle, relieve the pain and release the tension for proper relaxation of the body. As a remedial massage treatment, it ensures a healing treatment that is gentle, strong, deep and shallow. This treatment is reliable and effective. It assists in locating the injuries and also offers good mobility and a good healing process too. It also uses several other techniques besides massage that helps in healing the sensitive areas of tight muscle fibres, ideal for stress relief and to reduce anxiety & chronic lower back pain.
If you're not sure what to expect, let's have a look at what you need to know about your myotherapy appointment.
Your First Myotherapy Appointment
When you find your way up to the clinic and wait for the turn in the waiting room, usually, fill a form about your health history. To personalise your care, therapists need to know about your chronic conditions, injuries and other health history information.
It is best to give them your all-types of condition:
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Did you undergo any surgeries in the past?
- Do you have any significant injuries, including broken bones, torn muscles, ligaments or tendons?
- Any chronic injuries – even if it's small
- Do you have any conditions that you're suffering from, like diabetes, blood pressure and heart problems?
- Any medications that you're taking - particularly pain medication and blood thinners
All of these factors can impact which treatments are safe for your body. So please let the myotherapists know before commencing the treatment.
Myotherapy is a very effective treatment however, it is important to keep in mind that everybody has a different reaction to the treatment. This is beneficial as a remedy for several medical conditions especially long term injuries, pain and tension. It is also effective for those who have postural problems and to treat several muscle groups. Here is what one can expect from such a treatment:
- Some people might experience deep muscular pain after this treatment; however, this is not a bad thing.
- One might feel like they have had a good workout after this kind of massage.
- The body will recover and recalibrate after this treatment and gently repair the muscles and connective tissues.
- It helps improve the blood flow and it is recommended one performs gentle exercise.
- It is best to rest for some time of the treatment and get plenty of sleep to allow the body to recover.
- Avoid pushing your body too much after since this will cause injuries to flare up. Use heat if your body seems painful after the treatment.
- It is highly likely that one feels fabulous after the treatment; on the other hand, others may take time to recover and need to relax.
- Some of the other techniques to allow your body to recover after this type of treatment include staying hydrated and consuming plenty of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, herbs and spices.
Benefits of this treatment
- It is very effective when it comes to reducing pain especially for those who are suffering from body pain for a long time.
- This treatment targets the pain by using the trigger points within the muscles.
- Those suffering from pain of the lower back due to lack of movement or bad posture can also benefit from this.
- This is a specialist treatment to deal with musculoskeletal systems.
- Athletes and other sports people often suffer from injuries and sprains; such sports people can benefit from this type of treatment to restore their stability and strength.
- Myotherapist is an effective treatment when it comes to injury rehabilitation, improving sporting performance as well as enabling one to exercise more effectively.
- This helps increase mobility which is useful for those who sit at their computer desks for long hours.
- For those who believe in injury prevention, there can be no better treatment than this one.
Myotherapy helps target muscular and skeletal dysfunctions, fibrositis, spondylitis, arthritis, muscular cramps, frozen shoulders. Whiplash, muscular atrophy, etc. Besides stimulating the blood supply it helps remove toxins from your muscles, calm the peripheral nervous system, ease the pain & discomfort, improve the health of the cells, relax muscle stiffness and tension. It is a good idea to contact a Chiropractor in Elwood to take advantage of the Myotherapy treatment.