Things You Need to Know About Ultra High Molecular Weight Plastic
Ultra-high molecular weight plastic is a versatile material. Here are the key features and uses of Ultra-high molecular weight plastic and its uses.
Ultra-high molecular weight plastic or polyethylene (UHMWPE, UHMW) is superior to general PE because it has excellent wear-resistant capacity. Apart from that, people can use such plastics at low temperature and they have self lubricity impact. Due to its heat resistance capacity, people can use these plastics in their chemical industry.
Ultra-high molecular weight plastic is a non-toxic eco-friendly material and it has high-velocity capacity. They are rigid in nature and you can easily expand such plastic sheets during fabrication. In the case of PE sheets, you can use extrusion machines for expansion. But, here you can easily apply injection moulding or blow moulding methods to fabricate such plastic sheets to develop your products. You can use Ultra high molecular weight plastic for the following products:
- If you have a paper industry then you can use these plastic sheets for manufacturing vacuum box panels. Dehydration plate, paper machine, sealing strip and scrapper.
- People can also use Ultra high molecular weight plastic for their beverage and food industry. They are abrasion and impact resistant, non-bonding and hygienic. Due to their non-toxic components, you can easily prepare work boards, transportation or packing boxes and gears with these plastics.
- Apart from that, Ultra-high molecular weight plastics are used in water treatment plants. You can use such plastics in sewage treatment plans, screw conveyor lining plate, mud pump impeller, pump shaft sleeve, clarifying device, gear, and sedimentation tank lining.
Uses of Ultra High Molecular Weight Plastic
Ultra-high molecular weight plastic or polyethylene is chemical resistant and it has low friction. People can use UHMW for manufacturing wear strips, chain guides, and marine dock fenders pads. There are different forms or options of UHMW which are as follows:
- UHMW Liners
UHMW sheet is often used for lining chutes and hoppers to protect metals surfaces to keep solid materials like sand, wood chips, or coal moves smoothly.
- UHMW Parts
Ultra-high molecular weight plastic can be used for packaging, conveyor, and food processing machinery parts including parts star wheels, idler sprockets, and under-chain wear strips.
- UHMW Wood Replacement
The UHMW suggests very low moisture fascination and is also a common choice for the marine fascination applications like pile guards, dock fender pads, walkways, and anti-skids. Also, it does not corrode, rot, or like splinter like the woods.
- UHMW Grades
Ultra-high molecular weight plastics are available in different grades and these materials are approved by the FDA. So, people can use these plastic sheets for their food and beverage industry.
Key Features of UHMW
- Low moisture absorption
- Chemical resistant
- High thermal conductivity
- Low dielectric constant
- FDA complaint
- Low coefficient of friction
- Resistant to UV radiation
- Improves the Wear Resistance
Also, cross-linking of UHMWPE has been pursued to improve the wear resistance of the UHMWPE joint components. However, the mechanical properties of these materials, such as ductility and fracture toughness, are reduced when compared to the virgin material. Therefore, the 2nd generation of highly cross-linked ultra-high molecular weight plastic is being introduced to preserve the wear resistance of the 1st generation while also seeking to provide oxidative stability and improved mechanical properties.
If you want to develop your products with ultra-high molecular weight plastic then you can search the best suppliers online. Always check the grade of these plastics before you use it because you need to meet the perfect grate to develop your particular product. In this case, you can take suggestions from the experts who have sound knowledge in this industry.