Slate Roofing – A Timeless and High Quality Choice for Home Planners
The choice of the roofing material, especially when it is slate, is quite different.
The design of the house is best understood by the planners or the designers of the house. They now specify upon the slate roofing that will fit the design of any house. The materials used in this type of roofing are not at all traditional, instead, they look modern and crisp. The slate roofs are made as cladding material so that they can create a seamless extraordinary appearance. Let’s know more about them.
Why Choose Slate Roofing for Houses?
The choice of the roofing material, especially when it is slate, is quite different. Therefore, it is important to understand the pros of the installation. It is a highly preferred aspect for any of the homeowners, and so it is gaining huge popularity.
- The most important feature of slate roofing is that it is highly energy-efficient. The material slate is very dense and helps to keep your home cool during hot summers. The hot air is prevented from entering your house. On the other hand, the same material, during winter, prevents the warm air from escaping out of the house. So, in both the seasons, a slate roof is the best choice.
- The advantage of slates is that it is completely resistant to fire. Slate is a natural stone, and so, unlike asphalt shingles and such other products, slates are completely resistant to flames. It has the feature to resist both high heat and temperatures. Therefore, slate roofing is ideal for homes and buildings in areas where there are high chances of wildfires and bushfires.
- Slate is obtained naturally, and so does not require much of processing. Unlike other products, roofing made of slate is considered to be environment- friendly.
- If the slate roofs are well taken care of, then it is expected to last for about 100 years. If the installation is done properly, you can find it to last for about 150 years as well. On the contrary, if the roofs are made of wood or asphalt shingles, then you will see that it will not last for more than 15 to 20 years.
- You just have to check sometimes if the slates are broken or whether the tiles have become loose. You can keep it clean by just washing it with water on a regular basis. Therefore, slate roofing is very durable and does not need much maintenance.
- The biggest benefit of this roofing is that you will not find too much waste. This means when the slate roofs are replaced, then the same slates can be reused for some other project. You can use them for flooring or for building garden pathways and driveways.
- You will not have any problem in making a choice when you decide to install slate roofing. There is a wide range of types and colors that are available in the market. You can find Spanish, Canadian and Welsh types of slates. They all are unique and have their own specific color and characteristics that will enhance the look of the roof.
The roofs begin to fade or leak after a certain period of time. Then you have to replace it and it really is a massive project. The best thing that can be done is to install slate roofing that is a natural material and gives your home a remarkable look. The slate is incredibly durable along with fantastic features of being water and fire-resistant. Therefore, you can consider the use of slates for your roof as a wonderful addition to your home. This is considered nowadays as an innovative idea as a part of the home improvement project.