Asphalt Driveway and Paving Service Provider
Asphalt is one of the traditional driveway materials. It provides strong durability at a reasonable price. The asphalt driveway is the material that is laid on roads and is composed of sand, rock and asphalt cement or bitumen.
Asphalt is one of the traditional driveway materials. It provides strong durability at a reasonable price. The asphalt driveway is the material that is laid on roads and is composed of sand, rock and asphalt cement or bitumen. It also constitutes a four to eight-inch layer of filler as well as the crushed rock that is used to stabilize the areas. This provides a strong base to the asphalt.
Then comes the part where a three-inch layer of hot asphalt is placed on the foundation of the filler. Immediately a steam roller is driven to compact down the hot asphalt.
Asphalt driveway and paving service providers are very much accurate about the asphalt paving installation.
Asphalt Paving Installation
Installation of asphalt on an unstable base can develop a lot of problems in no time. Even the most average driveway will look like a finished product once the preparation of the base is complete. Mostly, a sufficient period is needed to compact the asphalt, but its settlement does not requires more than one day or two. It is a popular notion that an asphalt driveway is only as good as its base.
Asphalt driveway and paving service providers offer multiple options for the installation of asphalt paving base. The three main possibilities are:
- Installation of paving over the existing driveways- Hot mix asphalt can be laid over your driveway. Provided that it is in good condition and is not crumbling or cracked severely. You have to clean the surface from dust for better settling.
- Remove the old pave and driveway on soil- In this case, the existing driveway is eliminated, and 4 to 6 inches of the hot mix of paving is placed on the soil directly.
- Remove the old driveways and also the pave on aggregate base- This method is one of the most preferred ones. In this process, a total stone foundation replaces the hot mix asphalt partially. The 3 inches of asphalt buries the 6 to 8 inches of aggregate. Also one of the most durable road paving method.
Pros and Cons of asphalt driveway and paving
Before installing the asphalt driveway, there are some typical considerations that you need to make. Being well informed by the asphalt driveway and paving service providers will make you take the right decisions regarding the installation of asphalt. Therefore the pros and cons are:
- Easy to clean and maintain- Getting a road installed gives you an even and flat surface. Consequently, the surface becomes easy to maintain. For long durability you should hire the asphalt driveway and paving service providers so that can work on maintenance.
- Noise Reduction- When you drive your car over the smooth asphalt layered surface for years, there is minimal possibility of your car making noise. This happens due to the smoothness of the surface.
- Aesthetically Pleasing- The deep black and vibrant coloring of the asphalt hardly fade with sunlight exposure. It is a great way to boost the appeal of your home because the color can blend with almost every kind of decor.
- Durability: Asphalt is pretty much damage-prone. Durability and longevity depend on the surrounding environment as well. For instance, the surroundings can create a dent on your asphalt.
- Surface oil: Asphalt driveways can have issues with oily or tar like substances which may rise to the surface. This can create a mess and makes movement of the cars and vehicles difficult
The asphalt driveway and paving service providers are responsible for heavy road and light road traffic, so depending on the requirement one should hire the services.