Reducing Electricity Costs by Switching to Non-Conventional Energy
Solar energy obtained from the sun's radiation is freely available and can be converted to use as electricity and heat. This has several applications like replacing your conventional source of energy or to replace your solar heater with a cheap and effective method like a solar heater. There are many benefits of using solar energy as listed here:
- It has a very low impact on the environment unlike other conventional sources of energy that produce greenhouse gasses and also pollute the water.
- It is beneficial to help reduce the energy bill.
- The loss of electricity due to the transport of energy is highly reduced thus preventing loss of performance.
- It offers greater security and a method of achieving energy independence. This is very useful in the case of general electrical grid failure. For example, in the case of a storm or bad weather and the electrical grid is down and the rest of the city has lost electrical power, it is possible for a house installed with solar panels to remain powered up.
This article lists the benefits of switching to a non-conventional source of energy like solar energy to reduce energy costs. It is a must-read for searching for the best solar company in Brisbane.
Popular Non-Conventional Sources of Energy
There are several non-conventional or alternative sources of energy that consumers can take advantage of. The conventional source of energy form the electrical grid may be generated in any number of ways; however, it is not likely to be renewable. On the other hand, there are several alternative sources of energy that might be unconventional but highly effective, renewable, and inexhaustive. Such unconventional sources of energy also tend to be environmentally friendly.
There are several sources of non-conventional and alternative energy. Two of the most popular alternatives sources of energy are listed here;
- Water: Water is a major source of energy. Hydro-electric power plants help generate power from water which makes this a renewable source of energy
- Solar Energy: Solar energy is also a renewable and sustainable energy source that is abundantly available all over the world. It is useful to generate energy that can be used to generate electricity and for the purpose of heating water. Solar panels are water-resistant and safe to use in all types of weather conditions.
- Hydrogen gas: Natural gas or hydrogen gas is a good alternative source of energy. The fact that hydrogen gas will only emit water vapor and warm air is highly beneficial.
- Biomass energy is generated from burning wood and has been used for a very long time. The heat generated due to the burning of wood is equivalent to that of a heating system. Thus it is possible to keep place heated and also reduce the number of fossil fuels utilized. It is also a good method of reducing costs.
- Wind energy is also a popular source of alternative energy that is also renewable and one that does not generate any waste. However, investment for the installation of this type of device might work out quite expensive.
Solar Energy to Reduce the Cost of Electricity
A solar panel system captures the sun's energy using photovoltaic cells present in the solar panels. Since these are attached to the roof with unobstructed sunlight; it can help generate electricity or use for your residence. Solar panels are lightweight and easy to install on the roof. Unlike conventional energy sources, it does not cost any money to utilize solar energy.
Switching to using solar energy to power your house with the help of solar companies on Sunshine Coast also means eliminating your routine electric bill. Hence you no longer pay to keep your home warm during winter or while using cooling appliances in summer. The added benefit of switching to solar energy is that any excess solar power generated can be conserved with the help of battery or sent to the electrical grid for use later or at night.