How to Store Vegetables and Keep Them Fresh Without a Fridge?
Fresh vegetables bring out the taste in every dish in a unique way, and rotten vegetables are a total waste.
However, with the increasing weather problems and the constant need for new storage facilities, it has become necessary to opt for unique ways to store your vegetables for a long time. If you regularly buy Nashik vegetables online, then the below-mentioned tips can help you in a big way.
- Many fruits like bananas, mangoes, avocados, and tomatoes produce ethylene as they ripen. This gas can rot your vegetables very quickly. Keep your vegetables away from these fruits in order to save them from premature ripening and rotting.
- Vegetables like tomatoes, potatoes and onions are best stored in a cool and dry place. Avoid keeping whole vegetables in the refrigerator, so that the air inside does not rot them easily. Keep them outside to help in proper ventilation and they will surely last for a long time.
- Green, leafy vegetables tend to lose their texture sooner than any other kinds of vegetables. In order to keep them fresh and green, you need to store them in airtight plastic bags or zipped bags. Put a little air inside and tie them firmly. It will keep the vegetables fresh and green.
- Never keep garlic stored in a plastic bag. They require moisture and ventilation to remain fresh. Keep them open in cool places to avoid rotting.
- Don’t buy a bulk of vegetables all at once. Also, try to buy never-refrigerated vegetables. It can help you store them effectively. Order your Nashik vegetables online after a close evaluation of the same.
- Pad the cucumbers and green peppers to avoid bruising within a short span of time. You can use them for an entire week or two, but storing them longer will prove to be unhygienic.
- Broccoli and cauliflower tend to get bruised if taken in and out of the refrigerator constantly. Try to keep them in your kitchen bins, and they are sure to last long.
It is possible and quite easy to store vegetables without using a refrigerator. You need to keep certain things in mind, and store them in the perfect way to avoid frequent rotting. Buy your Nashik vegetables online in minimal amounts and use them within a week or so. It will help you consume fresh vegetables without worrying about that “extra space” in your fridge for your veggies!
Click Here To See More