How To Find Quality Solar Panels And Installation
There is a surge in the number of solar companies in Australia in recent times. More people are searching for alternative forms of energy and solar energy happens to be one of the most reliable and beneficial for residences and businesses. This is a clean power that helps lower the environmental impact too. Switching to solar power is also beneficial for both, commercial and residential property, as it increases the overall value upon installing solar panels. Besides which, it also helps in reducing the energy bills and is easy to maintain. This is also one of the easiest methods of gaining energy independently. There are many benefits of not having to depend on the grid for power especially during power outages.
Checklist on What to Expect from Solar Company
It is not uncommon for the average consumer to request quotes from several companies when searching for the best solar provider in Melbourne. This helps one get all the information they need and also find the one company that is most suitable. Not everyone is aware of what to expect from a solar company hence here is a short list that explains what you can expect from a solar company:
- Verify if the solar company is an accredited one and that the technicians or electricians are fully certified.
- It is a good practice to pick one that is approved by the solar retailer program to ensure they are a quality supplier.
- If the firm is endorsed by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) you can be sure it is a firm of high standards.
- There are more than just 400 solar panel companies in the Australian market hence it is important to shortlist by opting for one that has been in business for over 5 years.
- Verify that the firm has an Australian office and local phone number.
- Consider the reviews of the previous customers and also talk to some of them if possible to get first-hand testimonial.
- A good provider should ideally assess your roof prior to installation and verify the site is suitable for installation and also advice on the energy load.
Important Facts & Statistics
- The annual electricity consumption in Australia is 264.03 TWh
- Solar is the preferred source of energy in Australia.
- The renewable energy industry has seen a sudden surge in activity globally including in Australia.
- The small scale solar systems generated 22.3% of Australia clean energy in 2019 and 5.3% of the total.
- Over 2.5 Million houses in Australia have implemented solar energy systems which amount to 23.5% homes with solar power.
- The annual capacity of solar systems in 2015 was 650MW while that in 2019 was 2.15k MW.
Tips to Find Best Solar Provider Melbourne
Homeowners or businesses trying to find a reliable firm for solar panels in Melbourne need to consider several factors prior to selecting a firm. One of the factors to consider is the warranty on the solar products being installed. Since the solar market is booming in Victoria a quick check on how the company is doing is essential since if it goes out of business your maintenance contract or warranty might be affected. You can expect the solar panels you install on the roof to work effectively for up to 25 years hence warranty is essential. For those with little knowledge on the working of solar panels, it is essential to read a few case studies or talk to friends or relatives who have already installed it.