Few Easy Steps to Clean Your Carpet Stains
Carpets look best when they are clean. However, homeowners get little time to clean the carpet due to work and responsibilities. However, not cleaning the carpet or removing the stains can make the carpet lousy and dull. Coffee stains, dried stains of pet urine, wine stains, and food spills can steal the shine from your carpet and make it stink. Several homemade cleaning agents can help in removing the stains from your carpet.
One of the necessary steps to remember for cleaning a carpet is to blot the stain dry, but remember to work from the edge and move inside gradually. Try to avoid scrubbing the carpet as there are higher chances of destroying the fibres. Moreover, the spill can soak through the pad of the carpet.
The following are some of the standard stain removing methods.
- For grease stains, you should scrape the excess grease with a knife ad blot it with a paper towel. Once the moisture absorbs into the paper towel, sprinkle baking soda or corn starch and leave it for about ten to fifteen minutes and vacuum it thoroughly. If the stain does not go, try to break the stain with a solution containing dishwasher and warm water. Leave it for some time and brush the area back and forth before blotting it dry.
- For dairy stains, you should blot the excess liquid with a cotton towel. Use a solution containing water, baking soda, and dishwasher and apply it with a brush on the stain. You can rub the stain using a brush and rinse the area with cold water.
- For juice stains, blot the excess liquid with a paper towel and apply a solution of a dishwasher and warm water and let it stay for a while. Mix requisite quantities of vinegar and water and spray it on the stain and apply a bit of the dishwashing solution. Allow a paper towel to absorb the moisture.
- For wine stains, use a mixture containing white vinegar and water, and apply on the stain. Leave it for an hour and work up the foam with laundry detergent and water on the area. Use a brush back and forth to remove the stain. Rinse the area with cold water and blot it dry.
For effective carpet cleaning Wantirna, the faster you act, the better it is for removing stains. When you work speedily, you can prevent the chances of stains from becoming stubborn. Therefore, you should act as soon as you notice a blemish. In case of debris, you have to remove it at first with a fork or spoon. However, you should try to avoid exerting much pressure on the material and harm the inner part of the carpet.
Removal of food and drink stains
Read the following steps to understand how to manage the stain occurring due to chocolate, tea, beer, and ketchup.
1. First and foremost, you have to dip a piece of white cloth in a solution of detergent made at home. For synthetic carpets, you have to dab the stained area many times and press the cloth for a few seconds. After this, you have to wait for about ten to fifteen minutes to allow the stain to break down properly and then soak the excess liquid with the help of a dry and white cloth.
- For synthetic carpets, you have to dip a cloth in a solution containing vinegar and continue dabbing for a few seconds. Wait for another ten to fifteen minutes as white vinegar assists in the removal of residual soap, which if left on the carpet attracts more dirt.
- Finally, you have to rinse the stained area through blotting by using a cloth soaked in lukewarm water. You should wait for another hour for the carpet to dry completely. If the spill is bad enough, you can place a few layers of paper towels and put a baking tray on the top for about fifteen minutes.
Remember that some stains may not remove immediately. Therefore, you can choose a professional carpet cleaning Bayswater for keeping the carpet clean and fresh.